Presenter: David S. Kim, M.D., currently serves as the Chief Medical Officer at St. Joseph Heritage Health Care, Southern California, a division of Providence St. Joseph Health. In his role, Dr. Kim provides oversight for the development SJHH’s clinical and medical affairs and health care strategy.
Previously, Dr. Kim served as the Medical Director of St Jude Heritage Medical Group, a top performing 190 physician multi-specialty group in northern Orange County, after one year Dr. Kim had the opportunity to transition to Vice President, Senior Regional Medical Director of St. Joseph Heritage Health. In that role he helped oversee five medical groups in the Orange County/High desert region which includes 600 physicians and 150 advanced care practitioners.
Dr. Kim received a double major in Biology and Philosophy at Northwestern University, achieved his medical degree at the University of Illinois, completed his internship and residency at Northridge Hospital and joined Bristol Park Medical Group (now Memorial Care Medical Group) upon graduating. Dr. Kim is married to his lovely wife of fifteen years and is a father to three wonderful daughters.
Course Relevance: High cost claimants – the unfortunate circumstance that not only impacts workforce productivity but likely, is the top driver of annual medical expenses. Employers are often blind to the risk of their members and need to take a more active position in solving for this issue.
- Create a sense of urgency, burning platform, for the attendees – managing high cost claimants should be keeping them up at night
- Understand how data can support identifying future high cost claimants
- Get to intimately know how high cost claimants are being managed by their current vendor and if they are effective
- Build strategies and programming to avoid unnecessary high cost claimants
Course Agenda (1 Hour Presentation):
8:30 a.m. – Presentation Commences
9:30 a.m. – Presentation Concludes
- Check the hotel signs on the day of the meeting to verify the room location
- One (1) CE Credit with the California Department of Insurance (Course # Pending)
- CE is available to members only
- No reservations without payment
Refunds Policy: Registrations canceled less than 72 hours from event date cannot be refunded.
|Ticket Type||Early Registration (by 9/6/18)||After Early Registration (after 9/6/18)|